Friday, February 24, 2012

&...i should take my trash out more often.

so this morning i decided to finally take out the trash.

good call.



i open up the top of the dumpster and threw my bag in...in the second before it shut i saw what i thought might be an old smiths poster. i reopened it and found two shrink-wrapped box sets--the smiths complete--on happy 12 inch vinyl--and the rolling stones' ladies & gentlemen concert film rerelease--dvds, posters, and even a scarf. 
(really? you prove your hardcore rolling stones dedication with a scarf?!?!)



it did require a chair to get them out. as much as i might not be opposed to dumpster diving in theory, jumping in is clearly not my thing. my chair helped me not touch anything else--though admittedly it was pretty empty. thankfully.

ok, so i'm pretty sure i don't love the rolling stones enough to keep it. i certainly don't need a rolling stones scarf though the poster is pretty cool. 


but, the smiths on vinyl makes me happy--the continual irony that the smiths might make me happy. i have most of them digitally, but vinyl is even better. it makes me happy, even if i don't have an actual turntable here. 


(and I happen to know at least a couple people who are already coveting it).

good day to take out the trash.





2 comments:

  1. Look at you! Dumpster diving in the UK. I never would have guessed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course the one i want to keep is the more valuable one. ;)

    ReplyDelete