Friday, May 4, 2012

&...i have visitors!



Visitors mean that it is time for a break and time to take better advantage of where I live.

B, W & J arrived on the 20th (in time to celebrate my mom's birthday). I left Leicester that morning to glorious sun, which was much appreciated after a week plus of rain, and I thought perhaps it might stay for a bit. Alas, no such luck. This is England and it was not meant to last. 

It appeared rain was our lot in what became the wettest April on record in years.

I arrived in London at Victoria and it was nice, so I decided to walk a bit to the hotel. As I hit Hyde Park, it started to rain. Stopping in the rain for a minute to take a photo brought an overly friendly Italian whose rate of talking sped up with the rain. He apparently didn't have any desire to not get wet. Just about the time that I was far enough past the tube station to not turn around and the heavens opened up.

Generally the skies in England just spit, but this was a deluge.

I had to laugh to myself as I got more and more wet. Every time I was close to a tube station, it lightened up a bit and I continued to walk. And then the skies opened up yet again.

At least gold gilding looks amazing in the rain.


More to come.

[A few years ago after I came back from a trip to Thailand, J&R sat down with me and patiently looked through 700+ photos. I had cut them down, but there were still 700+. I was so excited about them--I just kept going. (R had just started dating J so there was serious patience on her part.) In an attempt to avoid the same dazed looks, the photos that follow will obviously just be my favorites and I'll post them separately.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment